Important Information Regarding Your Stay at The Mohicans
Our treehouses and cabins offer a great getaway!
As always, the safety and security of our guests and team members remain our highest priority. We take great pride in our high standards for cleanliness and includes new CDC and WHO cleaning protocols and products. Complete linen changing including ALL bedding.
- Self check-in means no interaction with staff
- No lobby, elevators or common areas
- Remote private location and access to the outdoors
Once you have selected a date/property, click ANY "BOOK NOW" button below and you will be taken to our central On-line Reservation booking engine.
YOU WILL RECEIVE A BOOKING CONFIRMATION VIA EMAIL AND TEXT ONCE YOU BOOK YOUR RESERVATION- IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION, CONTACT OUR OFFICE AT INFO@THEMOHICANS.NET TO ENSURE THAT YOU ENTERED YOUR EMAIL CORRECTLY. IF YOUR EMAIL IS INCORRECT, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE VERY IMPORTANT RESERVATION DETAILS INCLUDING YOUR CODE FOR ENTRY. A CELL NUMBER IS REQUIRED FOR OUR SYSTEM TO TEXT YOU YOUR RESERVATION DOCUMENTS AND ARRIVAL INFORMATION
- Due to priority bookings for wedding guests of the Mohicans Treehouse Resort, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday reservations can only be booked 60- 90 days in advance. Any properties not reserved for wedding guests will be made available to the general public as soon as possible. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays open to book throughout the year.
- View or download our Waiver, Directions, and Site Map from your booking confirmation email. You can also complete all of our reservation documents using the texting links you receive when you book a reservation.
Special Occasion Items
We offer rose petals, chocolate-covered strawberries, champagne, and more! You can add any of these items once your booking is complete, or by calling 740-599-9030 (option 2).
*If you would like to add a special occasion item to a stay of someone else please contact us, click here.
- A reservation deposit equal to 50% of your room charges is required to confirm a reservation with the balance being charged to the credit card provided 30 days prior to your arrival date.
- Reservations made less than 30 days prior to arrival will require payment in full at the time of booking.
- We accept American Express, Visa, Discover, or MasterCard. We do not accept personal checks.
- Deposits will be non-refundable for holiday cancellations.
- You will be charged for the number of nights of your reservation, so please check your dates carefully.
- All damages or excessive cleaning will be charged to the credit card provided to us for the deposit by the lessee.
- There may be additional guest fees of $25pp for cabin reservations if you go over the base rate number of guests. See pricing for cabins for specifics.
There is a 10.25% additional tax added to each reservation (7.25% sales tax and 3% lodging tax).
- If canceled 30 days prior to your arrival date the deposit will be refunded minus a $50.00 per cancellation fee.
- This applies for ANY reason including disaster, sickness, hospitalizations, etc.
- If canceled less than 30 days the reservation is non-refundable.
- This applies for ANY reason including disaster, sickness, hospitalizations, etc.
- Early departures and no shows due to weather or any other reason will not receive a refund.
- No refund will be given for failure to use the property due to inclement weather, disaster, sickness, etc.
- Local roads can be very curvy and steep and may be impassible from time to time.
- We do not give refunds due to road conditions.
- If you do not show up for your reservation you will be charged the entire amount of the reservation.
- All reservation changes must be confirmed in writing to The Mohicans by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check-In for Non-Wedding Guests
Check-in is 4:00 p.m.
Due to the size and complexity of our properties, our housekeepers need every minute of their 11:00 am to 4:00 pm window to ensure the cleanliness of your vacation rental. Please do not interfere with their work or pressure our staff to allow you to enter before 4:00 pm. There will be no check-ins after 11:00 pm. as a courtesy to other guests. No property keys/access codes will be issued until the rental balance is paid in full and the Waiver has been returned to The Mohicans.
Check-In for Wedding Guests of The Mohicans Wedding Venue
Check-in is at 2:00 p.m.
Early arrival will result in unnecessary waiting. Due to the size and complexity of our units, our housekeepers need every minute of their 11:00 am to 2:00 pm window to ensure the cleanliness of your vacation cabin. Please do not interfere with their work or pressure our staff to allow you to enter before 2:00 pm. There will be no check-ins after 11:00 pm. No property keys/access codes will be issued until the rental balance is paid in full and the Waiver has been returned to The Mohicans.
Check out is prior to 11:00 am.
- Housekeeping arrives shortly after 11 am.
- Should this check out time be violated, you will be charged an additional night's stay.
- Lessee agrees to lock all doors and windows and report all damages to The Mohicans.
- Cigarette butts found on the property will result in a $50 cleaning fee.
Absolutely NO house parties are allowed. Should this occur you will be evicted without a refund. If The Mohicans receives a complaint during your stay that you have not adhered to Quiet Hours or that you are having a party, you will be charged an additional fee of not less than $100.
- Only the suggested number of people will be allowed for each cabin and treehouse.
- Overcrowding of our units is not permitted, and maximum occupancy noncompliance will result in eviction.
- You must be 24 years of age or older to obtain The Mohicans rental unit.
- Any violation of these standards or misrepresentation of your group will be grounds for eviction without a refund.
- Motor Homes and/or tents are not permitted at the cabins/treehouses
PETS are permitted at some cabins and treehouses. NO pets allowed at The View Treehouse, The Manor House or The Farm House!
- Must indicate on your reservation
- $50 pet deposit (PER PET) for 50 lbs or under-if canceled there is a $15 service fee
- $75 pet deposit (PER PET for over 50 pounds!-if canceled there is a $15 service fee
- Must be well behaved
- Must be on a leash at all times-guest will be asked to remove the animal from the property if not restrained for the safety and enjoyment of other guests.
- CANNOT be left alone in the property for extended periods of time.
- Must clean up after the animal, and pet waste in the trash.
- Call the office 740-599-9030 (option 2) to add to your reservation OR add during the check out the process under "add on's"
- IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY THE OFFICE OF DOG AND EVIDENCE IS FOUND IT IS AN AUTOMATIC $150 CHARGE TO YOUR CARD ON FILE
Smoking is prohibited inside all rental properties.
- If evidence is found, a minimum of $50 will be automatically charged to the credit card provided to us by the lessee.
- Please dispose of all cigarette butts in appropriate containers-not on the ground.
- If cigarette butts are found around your rental property a minimum of $50 will be automatically charged to the credit card on file.
- There is a limit of 4 vehicles per cabin and 2 per treehouse.
- Drives must be kept clear per the Fire Marshall.
- Please observe the 5 mph speed limit.
- Parking is restricted to designated parking areas only and parking in any grass area is prohibited.
- If extra parking is needed for the larger cabins please leave any "extra" cars in The Mohicans Wedding Venue parking lot.
- The Mohicans is not responsible for ANY damage or theft that occurs on-site.
Cell Phone/ Internet Service
Cell Phone service is limited in some areas of the property.
There is NO internet/wifi available in the Cabins and Treehouses.
Enjoy your unplugged stay!
Repairs and Service Calls
We perform regular maintenance on each and every cabin, however, as with all properties, occasionally something malfunctions at the most inopportune times. We will do our best within our ability to correct the problem during your visit and make you as comfortable as possible. We cannot guarantee appliances, TV's, DVD players, air conditioners, etc. and there will be no refunds, discounts, or rate adjustments in the event of mechanical failure. The Mohicans, the property owner (“Property Owner”), their agents, service providers, and employees shall have the right to access the premises during the vacation rental to make repairs or inspections. Please immediately report any needed repairs to The Mohicans at 740-599-9030 (After hours select option 5) in order for us to correct the problem.
We will make every effort to have repairs done quickly and effectively.
Each property is decorated and furnished by the owner. Rearranging of the furniture is not permitted. If you have specific needs or requirements you must seek permission from The Mohicans.
The Mohicans Housekeeping staff provides cleaning service for each property.
- If there is a need for any extra or excessive cleaning after your departure, you will be charged a minimum of at least $100.00 or more depending on the nature of the damage or mess.
- If pet waste or cigarette butts encountered will be charged an automatic minimum $50 cleaning fee
- Please keep in mind that the signed rental agreement is a legal and binding contract and therefore gives The Mohicans the right to collect payments for damages, missing items, and excessive cleaning made necessary by your stay.
- Full payment for all damages, missing items, and extra cleaning are the responsibility of the guest and will be charged to the credit card provided by the lessee and/or the one who signs the rental agreement.
- Please leave beds unmade at the end of your stay so that The Mohicans can identify linens that need to be changed.
- Thank you for helping us reduce our water and energy usage.
- The Manor House, Farm House and Mohican Cabin have a 2 night minimum stay requirement. If you book for one night, you will be charged a one time $150 cleaning fee.
Towels are provided. Please bring extra towels for canoeing or other water activities that you may be enjoying in the area.
The Mohican area has one of the most enjoyable ecosystems on earth and insects are a part of that system. We try to control this natural occurrence by regularly spraying for insects. The most common pests which may find their way into our cabins include ladybugs, flies, mosquitoes and wasps. We do not give refunds due to any pest discomfort issue. DO NOT leave any garbage outside or on porch or decks as this invites unwanted guests to your property.
Ground fires are allowed in the provided fire rings only. All fires must be attended to at all times and be put out before going inside for the night or leaving the property.
(The Mohican Cabin only) - Fireplace is only operational from October 1st to April 1st each year.
Thermostats- The only control that may be adjusted is the thermostat up and down buttons. If any other adjustments are made and we need to call a technician you will be charged a minimum of $50 to the credit card provided to us by the guest.
11 pm to 7 am is quiet time. There will be no check-ins during this time. Sounds carry farther at night. Please be considerate of others. Loud noise/music, etc. must be confined to your cabin at all hours. Loud or abusive behavior or language will not be tolerated. Eviction will result without any refunds
Children are welcome, but are the responsibility of the parents, and must be supervised at all times. You will be held accountable for your child's safety and actions.
Hunting, Weapons, Fireworks, ATV's
- Absolutely no hunting,
- No weapons of any kind (including paintball or air guns on the property)
- No ATV's, dirt bikes
- No fireworks, firecrackers, or the sort.
If they are found on the property, you will be asked to leave the premises with no refund
Are Paths To The Unit Lit?
Paths to Cabins and Treehouses are not lit so bring a flashlight if walking.
"Leave No Trace" Policy
The Mohicans practices “Leave No Trace” (LNT) Land Ethics Policy. This simply means that you leave the natural surroundings as you found them which includes staying on the walking paths to protect natural ground vegetation, not removing any items from their original environment, collecting all trash and other items that you brought with you into the woods, minimizing fire impact, and educating yourself on the rules and regulations related to outdoor recreation. ANY TREES FOUND TO BE DEFACED AT THE CABIN PROPERTY WILL RESULT IN A $300 FINE. We also ask you to select beverages in non-glass containers to reduce the possibility of glass breakage and injury to guests. (It’s really hard to pick up broken glass from the grassy areas). Thank you for caring about the environment as much as we do.